I am so excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Becky at Quinoa and Cookies, a fantastic gluten free recipe blog. This award recognizes new bloggers with good content, and it’s great to know that others are enjoying what I post! I think this award is so much fun because it asks the nominee to recognize more blogs with great content so we can keep discovering new bloggers! First, I’ll answer Becky’s questions from her Liebster Award post, and then I’ll share my nominations at the end.
1. Why did you start blogging?
When I went vegan, I had a really difficult time figuring out what to eat. My culinary skills basically included kraft mac and cheese and ordering takeout. I read so many food blogs, both vegan and non-vegan, to learn how to cook and substitute eggs/dairy/gluten effectively, and my life has been made so much easier because of it. I wanted to share recipes that I created and tips that I’d picked up because of how much those other blogs had helped me!
2. Coffee or tea?
Coffee! Always coffee. I’ll only drink decaf green tea if I’m sick or having trouble sleeping.
3. Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
I went to Italy a few years ago (during my pre-vegan, post-kosher days, so I ate basically everything) and absolutely loved it! I spent two weeks on an archaeological excavation in Tuscany which was an incredible experience, and then toured Rome for two days. I have always wanted to go back and see more of the country!
4. What would be your superpower of choice?
5. What is your least favorite chore?
I hate taking out the garbage.
6. What is your favorite season?
Summer! I love going to the beach.
7. Who would play you in a movie?
Anne Hathaway–she’s my celebrity doppelganger.
8. Beach or mountains?
Definitely the beach. That’s twice I’ve mentioned it now, whoops.
9. What is your favorite cuisine?
I think it’s a tie between Indian and Mexican food, but it’s so hard to find vegan Indian food where I live!
10. If you could adopt any animal as a pet (and it would be happy and healthy and safe, etc), what would you pick?
I have always wanted a teacup pig! So cute.
11. What is your number one guilty pleasure?
Occasionally I’ll watch those awful reality shows on TLC…
Now, here are some random facts about me:
1) I have an allergy to cloves, and cannot have anything that’s “pumpkin spiced”. I never use cloves in any of my recipes!
2) I studied dance for most of my life and have performed onstage with about 8 different styles–ballet, tap, jazz, modern, lyrical, hip hop, Latin-Israeli, and Indian dance. Indian dance was my favorite! It is SO much fun.
3) I took a year of Hieroglyphic Egyptian in college, and it was the coolest language ever. I briefly wanted to be Indiana Jones.
4) My favorite TV show of all time is Doctor Who, and my favorite doctor is the eleventh.
5) I’ve never broken a bone (yet!).
6) My favorite Disney princess is Tiana from Princess and the Frog!
7) I am currently listening to the soundtrack from the musical Once on repeat because it’s amazing.
8) My favorite food is chocolate lava cake.
9) I helped run a Model UN conference in college, and Oprah showed up for a surprise visit to check on some students she had sponsored to go to the conference. Coolest day ever.
10) Dream vacation: Australia!
11) I’ve visited the lowest point on the earth, the Dead Sea!
And now, for my nominees!
My questions for the nominees are:
1) What inspires you to write or photograph on your blog?
2) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3) What is your favorite TV show?
4) Which character from books, television, or movies do you identify with?
5) What would be your superpower?
6) What is your ultimate comfort food?
7) What is your most memorable trip?
8) What is your favorite inspirational quote?
9) Beach or mountains?
10) What is your spirit animal?
11) If you could have any job in the world for a week, what would you choose?
1. Create a post dedicated to the award, linking back to your nomination, and display the award in the post, or elsewhere on your blog. (Google the Liebster Award for more images to choose from!)
2. Answer the eleven questions I provided, then include eleven random facts about yourself — remember, the goal is to get to know your fellow bloggers a little bit better.
3. Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, and have fewer than 1,000 followers.
4. Create a list of new questions for your nominees, and explain the rules in your own post.
5. Let your nominees know via a comment on their blog, and have fun!
Thank you so much to Becky from Quinoa and Cookies for nominating me, and I look forward to hearing all about my nominees!