We’ve got one week to go until the big game, and I’m gearing up with lots of superbowl-themed snacks. Buffalo wing sauce is the classic football food, and this buffalo dip is no exception. It’s a vegan twist on the popular “Buffalo Chicken Dip”, which is typically made with lots of cheese, dairy, and chicken.
As if I’d let that stop me from enjoying my buffalo sauce. Who needs the chicken or the cheese? I’ve got your dairy-free and meatless buffalo sauce dip recipe right here.
You can dip french fries, tofu nuggets, carrot sticks, really anything you want into this stuff. You can put it on sandwiches or salads too for an added kick. It is super addictive and delicious, and great to share even with your non-vegan friends too. As long as they’re OK with cashews and soy, everyone at your party will love this buffalo dip (that is, if you don’t eat it all by yourself first).
My recipes this week will be superbowl themed (read: involving more fried things and buffalo sauce), so look out for some more delicious snacks for your game day party!
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Sauce
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 1 hour in water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon each of dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, dried chives, salt, dried dill, mustard powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add the cashews, water, dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, dried chives, salt, dried dill, mustard powder, and lemon juice to a blender and process for 30 seconds. This will make a “cashew cream ranch”.
- Pour the cashew cream ranch, buffalo sauce, and cream cheese into a bowl and whisk together until completely combined.
- Pour this mixture into a small casserole dish and bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.